European Union Project
This project is dubbed “Supporting Civil Society in Local Governance: Capacity Building for Effective Civil Society Participation in Local Governance.
” The LRC in partnership with the Neighbour In Need Foundation and Federation of Youth Clubs seeks to facilitate support for civil society organizations to empower, advocate and instigate action through capacity building for Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and District Assemblies (DAs) within its constituent communities in the areas of technical support, facilitating network and alliance building and grants disbursement for eighteen (18) months. Accordingly, this project aims to empower individuals and groups within these communities to utilize channels and avenues for participation in decision making at the local government level and to establish links between likeminded CBOs and DAs in order to promote effective and efficient advocacy and lobbying efforts.
Ayawaso Sub-metropolis (Mamobi, Greater Accra Region)
West Mamprusi District (Walewale, Northern Region)
- Mothers’ club of Nima and Mamobi
- Vision for Alternative Development (VALD)
Bongo District (Bongo, Upper East Region)
- Catholic Family Reproductive Health Project
- Programme for Co-operation, Economic and Social Sustenance (PROCESS)
- Zasilari Ecological Farms Project (ZEFP)
- Bongo District Civic Union (BODCU)
- Resource Centre for Persons with Disability